Philippine Christian University
Learning Resource Center
Despite the challenges that our community is facing now, the library has never stopped its services and we continuously strive to support the information needs of the PCU community.
This Library Guide will support the student learning at Philippine Christian University. This will give you essential information on various resources and services available in our Library, including research databases, e-journals, e-books, and other online resources.
Read the PCU Library Guide: Online Resources & Services (2022) by clicking this link: shorturl.at/beprB
Safety Protocol and Disinfection in the Library
These are the safety protocols that must be followed when going and entering the library.
- Face mask is required in entering the library
- No Face Mask No Entry
- Physical Distancing is required
- Washing and sanitizing hands frequently
Disinfection Procedure in the Library
The disinfection of “High-touch areas” such as tables, chairs, doorknobs and etc. will be done twice per day but not limited to, especially if they are clients that went to the library.
The disinfection schedule will be at
- 12:00 in the afternoon during the lunch hours of the library and
- 6:00 in the afternoon upon closing of the library
This disinfection procedure is followed to ensure the safety of the library staff and its users.
Disinfection of material/s
For the disinfection of the material/s (i.e. books and other print resources) that had contact with the staff and clients, it will go under three (3) days of quarantine to ensure that any viable virus or bacteria is no longer present in the material/s.
Disinfection of returned Library Material/s
- The borrower will place the material/s in a plastic bag upon returning.
- Borrowers will indicate their full name and email address on the plastic bag
- The library will label the plastic bag with the quarantine date and time.
- Returned material/s will be placed in the quarantine area which is in the Rizaliana Section located in the Filipiña Section.
- The material(s) will return to the shelves and be available for borrowing once the three (3) day quarantine is over.
In addition, the book drop will also be disinfected regularly.
Rest assured that the materials with “High-touch areas” will be disinfected regularly.