- American Film Institute
- British Library
- British Museum
- Cambridge University Press
- Columbia University
- London School of Economics
- Natural History Museum
- New York Public Library
- Science Museum
- University of Chicago
- University of Michigan
- Victoria & Albert Museum
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Encyclopedia.com has more than 100 trusted sources, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, and thesauruses with facts, definitions, biographies, synonyms, pronunciation keys, word origins, and abbreviations.
- Britannica is a leading provider of learning and knowledge products. We’re proud to be one of the world’s most trusted sources of information on every topic imaginable – from the origins of the universe to current events and everything in between.
- Healthopedia Comprehensive and reliable medical information in patient-friendly language on over 1,500 topics covering diseases, conditions, tests, symptoms, injuries, surgeries, nutrition, and special topics. Find your topic by using the A-Z listing or the search function.
- MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
- Columbia Encyclopedia — Offered by Bartleby.
- e-Podunk — Want to know information about a certain state, county, or city? e-Podunk maintains a site for this information and it’s growing to include cemeteries, libraries, museums, and newspapers
- Encyclopaedia Britannica — Free trial offer for full version, free access toconcise version.
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian — Each entry contains materials within the online Smithsonian and through other resources.
- Highbeam™ Encyclopedia — Search through more than 57,000 frequently updated articles from the Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition.
- InfoPlease — Information Please is part of Pearson Education, the largest educational publisher in the world.
- LoveToKnow 1911 — Based upon the eleventh edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica, first published in 1911. While many of the science and health articles are obviously outdated, many of the biographical and historical articles and more complete and in-depth compared to materials available elsewhere.
- Microsoft Encarta — Gain access to 16,000 articles and more than 2,200 photos, illustrations, maps, charts, and tables for free, with ability to upgrade.
- Open-Site — Open-Site is edited by volunteer editors and accepts content submissions from the public to provide accurate information.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy — Each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the field.
- Wikipedia — A multilingual, Web-based, free content encyclopedia project.
- World FactBook — Part of the Bartleby collection, this project provides the U.S. government’s complete geographical handbook, featuring 268 full-color maps and flags of all nations and geographical entities.
- Dictionary.com | Free Online Dictionary for English Definitions
Dictionary.com – the largest and most trusted free online dictionary. Quickly find accurate definitions and audio pronunciations of words.
- Dictionary and Thesaurus – Free Online at Your Dictionary
YourDictionary is a free online dictionary that offers definition search from Webster’s dictionary for word meanings and thesaurus.
- Dictionary – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A dictionary, also referred to as a lexicon, wordbook, or vocabulary, is a collection of words in one or more specific languages, often listed …
- OneLook Dictionary Search
Type in a word and search many dictionaries at once. Also has a reverse dictionary and translations.
- Dictionaries in the Yahoo! Directory
Search online dictionaries, foreign language dictionaries, slang dictionaries, thesauri, and more to find word definitions, word histories, and spelling …
- Cambridge Dictionary Online: Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus …
Free Online English Dictionary, Thesaurus, Word of the Day, Pronouncing Dictionary and other language resources from Cambridge University Press.
- Free Online Dictionaries
English to/from Afrikaans, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, …
- Travlang’s Translating Dictionaries
We offer: Travel Resources – Discount Hotel rooms, cheap flights and car rental bookings search’s – plus Language Resources and more. travlang: Your source …
- Medical Dictionary: MedlinePlus
11 Jul 2010 … Medical Dictionary. Type the word that you would like to find. If you’re not sure of the spelling, type the first few letters, …
- Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus – The Free Dictionary
Online Dictionary – Multiple dictionaries including: English dictionary, medical dictionary, legal dictionary, financial dictionary, computer dictionary, …